Supermom Chronicles

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Only 7 days 'til Grey's Anatomy!!


I feel that I have much to celebrate today. First and foremost, I have reached 34 weeks of pregnancy today! As my doctor says, "You're still pregnant, and that's our only goal now". He said we used to have goals related to dilation, number of contractions, etc. He said our goals have changed as this pregnancy has progressed, and now our goal is just to keep this baby inside for another 2 weeks. Yes, I have dilated a little more (he said I am officially 4cm now), but the baby is way up high and he seemed quite optimistic. So John & I left the office today feeling pretty darn happy.

I'm also celebrating because I have the most awesome husband. He called from work yesterday and said he was taking today off just to spend the day with me. He felt sorry for me lying here all alone all day everyday. Plus he thought it would be nice to take me to my appointment. Just having him here today has been wonderful. Granted, there's not a whole lot we can do together right now, but I sure have enjoyed his company. The one thing that we said we were going to do (pick out a baby name) still hasn't happened, and it's coming on 6pm. Something tells me it's not gonna happen today. We're so noncommittal. The only thing we're sure about is we would like his middle name to include a part of John's dad's name (James Robert). Right now, and this may change, our top choices are:

Ryan James
Benjamin Robert (call him Ben)
Kade Robert
Luke Robert
Mason James

Any input is welcome. It's important that his name sounds good with Faith and Cole. We've thrown out a lot of names because they didn't sound right with Cole. Weird how parents think. As if they will always be named together for the rest of their life! I originally also liked Zachary and Cameron, but John has adamantly vetoed both of them much to my dismay.

So the last thing I'm celebrating today is the final 7 day countdown to the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy!! All summer I've been watching crummy reruns while on bedrest. Now that life is about to get hectic, all the new shows are starting up! Oh, well. I'll just have to schedule breastfeeding accordingly!

My new pregnancy goal: make it to the 2nd episode of Grey's Anatomy!
posted by Joey at 4:54 PM

4 Comments:

I like all those names, but who cares what anyone else thinks and more importantly YEAH FOR YOU STILL BEING PREGNANT! Awh, and such a sweet hubby to take the day to be with you. Nice guy.

With our daughter we just waited to see what she looked like before the final decision on the name. It was definitely the right approach; we never could have guessed she'd have blonde hair (mine is RED and dh's is salt and pepper --> hers is BLONDE)

Keep us posted on anything you can manage. This is so exciting. BTW, the full moon isn't for another 3 weeks! Stay put little monkey man!

9:23 PM  

Yes, congrats to you for making it this far!

That is a great picture, and good on you for figuring out how to post it BUT how crappy would it be if your husband was looking like that at another woman, while dancing w/you when your hair looks that good?!?

Fortunately for you and me, we have good husbands (and would never cheat in the first place!) so we'll never know!

OK, enough G.A.... those names sound good, although I did like Zack, too. Oh well. My sister is so right, everything that you post is so titallating! It just seems boring to you because you've been looking at those same 4 walls all these weeks. Keep the updates and random thoughts coming!

8:59 PM  

I am so happy to see that you have finally reached 34 weeks. Its amazing how much time has gone by. It seems like yesterday that you found out that you were granted another special gift. The next few weeks will be nothing now. By the way, I too like the name Zachary but out of the names that you have listed. I think Luke Robert would sound good with Faith and Cole.

9:57 PM  

Told you...piece of cake. I too like Luke...it's a good Texas name! It will also fit well if he looks anything like his Dad! I also like Mason, but if you're going for one-syllable kids, it doesn't work.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home