Supermom Chronicles

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I can see the finish line!

Well the nursery is just about finished. Above is the baby's side of the room, which will eventually have his name in big wooden letters above the bed, as well as some other artwork to spice up the top half of the room. As far as his name, I think we may have narrowed it down to Luke or Cade/Kade. We'll probably wait until after he's born to get a look at him and decide for sure. On my last post, I had mentioned that Ryan James was a choice. Then last week John turned to me out of the blue and said, "Ryan Bryant." We both laughed and realized that one was out. We had never bothered to say it with our last name! Below is Cole's side of the room. I have the letters of his name to hang above his bed, but that'll have to wait until I get off of bedrest.

Decorating the nursery on bedrest was a cinch! All I had to do was draw out how I wanted the room to look, pick the paint colors, and tell John to get to work! I was sprawled out in the La-Z-Boy in the center of the room while John did all the manual labor. I got to "supervise". That was definitely one of the easiest rooms I've ever decorated! Of course, I would have rather done more myself. I love decorating.

My doctor visit on Thursday went really well. I'm still 4cm, no change from my last visit. He said the baby is way up high, so surely I would make it at least another week if I stay off my feet. He said if I make it to 37 weeks I can jump up and down for all he cares - I said, "Don't think I won't!" In fact, when I make it to 37 weeks, I plan to get up and not sit down until the baby comes out - hee hee. This Thursday (9/28) I'll be 36 weeks along, so all the major lung maturation should be finished! Basically, we've just about reached the point where all the preemie scares are behind us. We're so relieved. Naturally, I want a healthy baby boy that can breathe and nurse and go home with us right away. My birthday is Friday, and my doc keeps joking that I might get a special delivery that day! I told him instead to have flowers waiting for me when I show up for my next visit:) I would rather wait until 37 weeks to have this baby if I have a say in it.

It's hard to stay lying down now that we've made it so far. I feel like celebrating, which makes me want to go out on the town, a last date with my hubby before life gets crazy again. That'll have to wait until 37 weeks. I do have something really exciting coming up next week, though. On Tuesday, my friend Paige is coming over to our house to take pregnancy photos. I'm so excited! She's really talented, and I can't wait to see how she captures my last pregnancy on film. I'm especially looking forward to some great pictures with my family. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. In preparation for the big shoot, I'm trying to get my sister-in-law to take me to get my eyebrows waxed today (it's amazing how hairy you get when you're preggo - TMI!). Surely a short trip out of the house for 30 minutes won't put me into labor...



posted by Joey at 12:13 PM

3 Comments:

Thank God!!!! I had the same thought about "Ryan", but I didn't want to say anything. John did a great job on the nursery. So did you--on everything!

9:36 PM  

I love the nursery!! Great job (from the chair)..lol....Congrats on making it to 36 weeks!!!!Your almost there.

10:01 PM  

I havent commented yet on your blogs, but I LOVE them. The room is adorable. They will be so cute in there together. My mom told me she saw ya'll taking your pics today at the park. That is awesome. I bet you looked beautiful after your day of beauty on Sunday with your lovely siser-in-law..smile. Talk to ya soon!!

Love you, Jessie

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home