Supermom Chronicles

Friday, September 29, 2006

All About Birthdays...


The theme for the day is birthdays. Today's mine:) My mom sent me these beautiful flowers today. It was such an unexpected surprise - totally made my day. I've also gotten phone calls, emails and cards from all kinds of friends and family. It's been really nice. Several people have asked if I'm doing anything special for my birthday, to which I reply, "Yes, I've taken off work. I think I'll sleep in, lay on the couch all day and be a vegetable - hee hee." I guess that makes everyday my birthday since June 16. My day started out awesome thanks to John. He woke me up with a quick, much needed massage. Then he had fresh donuts (which I've been craving this entire pregnancy) and decaf coffee ready for me downstairs. The weather felt so good with the recent cool front that I then took a book to read out on the front porch for awhile. I've been in a good mood all day, really all thanks to how John got it started for me:)

My doctor has been teasing that I could have a special delivery today, courtesy of Mother Nature. I have to admit, the thought of going into labor today is quite enticing. It would be cool to have a baby on my birthday. I am 36 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. Waiting until 37 weeks is ideal, but the preemie issues are pretty much behind us at this point. My doctor visit went well yesterday; still 4cm and the baby is up high. But the bad news is my doctor is leaving town!! He's leaving for New York next Friday (when I planned on getting up off bedrest) and won't be back until late Sunday night. He said if I really want him to deliver me, and at the hospital I want (Seton Southwest), then I better take it easy until he gets back. If we wait until he returns from New York, that's just 10 more days of rest. I can do that. After 105 days of bedrest, surely I can go another 10. And the next 10 don't have to be super-strict. I can get up a little more and start moving for short periods of time. I've also been given the green light to decrease my medicine frequency (no more getting up twice in the middle of the night to take it). I've already noticed an increase in the number of contractions today, presumably from the change in medicine. Today I was actually toying with the idea of getting up now and trying to have this baby this week. I'm just so ready to move on with life. But John informed me more than once last night that he needs all of the next 10 days to get mentally ready for this new addition. Are we ready for this roller coaster ride of newborn life again? No. But is anyone every really ready?

We had a great photo session with Paige on Tuesday. She did a really fantastic job. Anyboy who would like to view our photos can click here. It's going to be hard choosing which photos to print. I'm just really glad we were able to do this before I delivered. Definitely the best birthday present I could have gotten is to still be pregnant with a healthy baby. God is good.

during pregnancy
posted by Joey at 3:44 PM

4 Comments:

Well..the more I look that the pictures the more I like all of them. But here are my choices: (if you want my opinion) 4,6,10,11,16,23,28,35,41,58,60 and 66. I can see how it will be hard to pick. Thanks for sharing them with us.

9:17 PM  

MAN those are good photos! Lots of good ones! Hope your birthday was great and that you can just coast until the end.

8:48 PM  

Happy Birthday. Those pics ARE amazing. You have to order them all. :) Your men are gorgeous, by the way. Paige captured so many great facial expressions -- I especially like the ones of your daughter and you.

I know you think I'm this random lunar looney who posts comments on your blog. Okay, so be it. (but really, I'm quite sane and Dr. Jenn's sister) All I'm saying is this: the full moon is Saturday, October 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:19 PM  

Congratulations on your new baby and happy birthday. I was reading your bio, and I agree that being a wife/mother is as good as it gets. It was all I dreamed of growing up and I absolutely love each day of existence.

Be Blessed!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home