Supermom Chronicles

Friday, January 05, 2007

I'll Never Be a Foot Model:(

Well, I just returned from my follow-up visit with my family doctor. They took post-reduction xrays, and my toe looks OK. Not great, but OK. It's still about 15 degrees or so out of alignment, but just looking down at the toe (without xray), it looks fairly straight, just massively swollen and bruised. The doctor offered to do a ring block around the base of my toe and try to reduce it further, but we both decided it probably wasn't necessary. It's just a pinky toe after all, and I'm no foot model:). I should be able to wear shoes again just fine once it's healed. It still hurts pretty constantly. I saw this woman in the waiting room wearing pointy-toed very high heeled shoes, and I cringed. It hurt just to look at those shoes. I'm taking Tylenol every 6 hours and wearing the ugly shoe to walk. Every once in awhile I accidently move the wrong way and I get a shooting pain. Yesterday I think I actually felt the bone move - ugh. I just hope I can put on a normal shoe before my return to work in 10 days. If I'm still limping like I am now, it'll take me forever to get from exam room to exam room. Actually, I hope I can drive in this goofy shoe (it had to be my right foot). Otherwise, how will I even get to work? I'm sure I'll be fine in a week or so. The kids are on their way to Rain Creek to hang with the grandparents for a couple of days while I recover and try to get some final things done around the house before my return to the working world. 10 days and counting...
posted by Joey at 10:49 AM

4 Comments:

Wow, you did a good job on that fracture! You know, at work we could've just taken your Xray with our fancy new digital dental Xray machine! I hope you are more mobile for your return next week. I think you need a mimosa!

8:12 PM  

Good grief !! As if being a working wife and mother of three wasnt challenging enough, now you have to do it all in an orthopedic shoe !! You may need something stronger than a mimosa !! Hang in there and next year eat LOTS of black eyed peas :)

10:24 PM  

(Gee, anything to get out of coming back to work)...just joking. Don't worry about getting around at work. We can always put you in a chair with wheels and roll you into your rooms. PLEASE HURRY AND GET BACK TO WORK. we miss you very much. I hope your toe starts feeling better...really.

8:17 PM  

How are you doing? Inquiring minds want to know...

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home