Supermom Chronicles

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Trail of Lights

Last night we visited the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park. Man, I wish we would've brought a camera (not for the lights, but for the kids). First, we waited in line on the access road for 40 minutes to get to parking. That worked out ok since we've joined the ranks of soccer-mom-minivan-owners:). We bought a brand new Honda Odyssey one month ago. It is definitely the most luxurious vehicle we've ever owned (if you can get over the "minivan stigma", which I never had to begin with). It's so funny, everytime we pass a vehicle on the road, John proclaims, "You just got passed by a minivan!" Anyway, passing the time in the van last night waiting for parking was so easy thanks to our DVD/entertainment system. The kids enjoyed "Over the Hedge" while John & I almost enjoyed peace and quiet (James wasn't too happy).

Once we got to the Trail, we loaded Faith & Cole into a wagon and James into his stroller. Faith & Cole looked so cute! They both had their snow caps & mittens on and John sacrificed a layer of his jacket to use as a blanket for them in the wagon. About 3-4 scenes into the Trail, Cole decided that the best way to experience the Trail is to walk it. So we proceeded at his pace for a long way until we just couldn't take it anymore. He was so cute, though. At every scene he stood right up on the curb pointing and shouting, "Mommy, wook...wook at that!!" He really enjoyed it. About halfway through, we decided he was moving way too slow, so I proceeded to carry him the rest of the way. Sadly, I think my arm and back muscles are sore today! It was such a joy to watch him experience such awe and wonder. It was a blast. James fell asleep pretty early on (thank goodness). Faith decided the jacket her Daddy let her borrow was pretty cozy, and she proceeded to curl up in a ball in the wagon and fall asleep! I couldn't believe it! With all the noise and lights all around, our little girl fell asleep. It would have been a great picture. After loading everyone back in the van, they were all asleep by the time we made it out of the parking lot. Even John fell asleep on the way home. It was a great night.
posted by Joey at 9:45 AM

2 Comments:

We love the trail of lights. We have taken Cole every year. Last year Cole wanted to hold my hand and walk on the curb next to the white fencing! About halfway through I thought I was going to go insane, moving that slow. Luckily this year we walked amongst the masses and he only wanted to ride on my shoulders a little way (he's almost too big for me to carry that way now). I love those Holiday traditions and family memories don't you? Merry Christmas!

4:51 PM  

wow...I have never been to the trail of lights....I am such a sheltered child.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home