Supermom Chronicles

Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy Everything!

It's officially the "Happy Everything" time of year...it starts with Happy Birthday James, then Happy Halloween, then Happy Birthday Cole, then Happy Thanksgiving, then Merry Christmas, then Happy New Year -- all in the span of 2.5 months. The first 3 "Happy's" fall within 2 weeks of each other, though, so I feel so busy!

Here's some of the Happy Halloween pictures. My mom bought the kids some adorable costumes. Cole was a hobo clown. She brought Faith a gorgeous Southern belle costume, but it was about 2in too long. So she picked this witch costume out at WalMart, then refused to wear the witch hat all night long. Oh, well, as long as she was happy.



One of our neighborhood friends had a party with a hayride before everyone went trick-or-treating. They set up this cute backdrop for pictures in their front yard. Someday when I'm a little more organized, I'd like to host a party. I'm waiting until I can get some better furniture in the house. Hopefully that won't take years.




Here's my little hobo clown. Isn't he adorable? He got a lot of compliments. I think we have found Cole's favorite day of the year. I've never seen him so animated. He wasn't afraid of anything! I'm sure half the neighborhood could hear his squeals of joy. Then the squealing kept on coming when we dumped the spoils of their labor on our kitchen table later that night. Needless to say, he slept good that night:)






Then came Happy Birthday Cole! The kids enjoyed helping me make the cake that morning. Between the cake and the Halloween candy, we have enough sweets to last until next Halloween. What a super-busy day! I scheduled his party on his actual birthday in the middle of the week. Unfortunately, John was at work all day, so I had all the cleaning and cooking to do while taking care of all the kids. The hardest thing is stopping what seemed like every few minutes to feed somebody. Nursing, of course, took up the bulk of my day. But come 7pm that night we had a good Mexican dinner, cake, presents and lots of balloon-popping. It all came together nicely. After it was over, though, I felt like I could have slept for days. James had other plans, though, as he continued to party until nearly 1am!


This gift was the big hit! Cole seems to be quite musically-inclined. He will often serenade us at random times (driving down the road, middle of supper, standing on the fort of his playscape) with a beautiful voice and pretty darn good projection. When Icky (his granddad) gets out his violin or mandolin to play, Cole always wants to take part in the entertainment. So Nana & Icky gave him his very own guitar for his birthday. He loves it! Of course, he has no clue how to play it, but that doesn't matter. He strums the strings and is thrilled with all the sounds that are produced (in tune or not). Hopefully someday soon I can enroll him in the neighborhood music classes. I think he would really enjoy that. It will be awhile before we move up to professional guitar lessons though...
posted by Joey at 9:59 AM

3 Comments:

Those are some great photos! Where is James? Oh, I know, he's probably attatched to the photographer...

8:10 PM  

Cole looks like he is half asleep in the first picture and Faith looks very proud of her witch costume. What did you and John dress up as?...

11:15 PM  

Boy life does sure rush by! WHOOOSH! It always seems to be so much is packed into the last half of the year and we don't even have all those October birtdays. The kids sure looked cute. Oh, and I say have that party NOW so then you don't care if someone spills something on your furniture.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home