Supermom Chronicles

Monday, October 09, 2006

Less than 48 hours left...

As I was lying in bed this morning I realized that in less than 48 hours I will never be pregnant again for the rest of my life. It's a bittersweet feeling. Even though I've had my share of complications, I'll still miss feeling him inside of me. For those of you who have been pregnant, you know that special feeling of carrying your future inside of you. Everytime he moves I can't help but feel joy. Even though I've been on bedrest and now I'm bloated from the bp issues, I still look at my belly and marvel at the miracle taking place. I remember after I delivered my other 2 children there was a sense of emptiness inside that I had to adjust to afterwards. After carrying them around for so long, even though you then hold them in your arms, you still feel a little "hollow" and miss the kicks, movements and hiccups that I could set a watch by (this boy gets hiccups like clockwork every night at 10pm).

Well, my doc called this morning and said he doesn't want to wait until Wed to see how my bp is doing. He has asked that we come in this afternoon for a bp and urine check. If I'm pre-eclampsic, I guarantee he'll induce me this afternoon. So we may have a little boy sometime in the next few hours. Now all of a sudden I don't feel mentally prepared. When I woke up this morning I wasn't thinking I would deliver today. I haven't had many contractions in the past 24 hours. In fact, I actually got a really good night's sleep last night. I guess that's a blessing considering we may deliver today now. We might have a Columbus Day baby after all...
posted by Joey at 11:30 AM

1 Comments:

Good luck on you with your appt. You will be in my thoughts today.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home