Supermom Chronicles

Saturday, October 07, 2006

False alarm!

It's now 10:15am. John went to work, and I'm still at home, lying on the couch, blogging again. I had a feeling as I sat blogging this morning that it had to be a false alarm. Given my history of speedy labors and the fact that I had already been cramping for 3 hours, I was pretty sure it wasn't going anywhere. Sure enough, everything stopped around 6:45am and I went back to bed. It's odd, though. That was the exact same cramping-type of contraction I had when I went into labor with Cole. Maybe it could be soon, but I'm not going to place any bets. I'll just chill out here at home and enjoy my last moments of peace. Some of my swelling has gone down from my high blood pressure (although I'm still getting fairly high readings at home). So my hands are quite a bit more comfortable, thank goodness. Without that joint pain I'm hoping to be able to get another couple of nights of pseudo-decent sleep before sleep becomes a faded memory in life. I remember when I was a vet nurse and had gained acceptance into vet school, my boss told me that vet school would be the most sleep-deprived years of my life. Ha! If only men could breastfeed...
posted by Joey at 10:18 AM

3 Comments:

If only men could breastfeed... Amen, sister! Although I think many would volunteer if they could.

Wow, a false alarm! Even after 2 experiences its hard to tell, eh? I was lucky, I knew I was in labor definitively both times because the first sign was my water breaking. No going back after that point!

I guess your uterus just wants a little pre-game day exercise. Too bad the rest of you can't get any activity. Please keep posting, we're all checking!

8:41 PM  

I am on the edge of my set.

7:31 PM  

Come on already and have that little guy, we are all dying to meet him.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home