Supermom Chronicles

Friday, December 15, 2006

BAH HUMBUG!

OK, I'm going to turn off the Christmas spirit for the 5 or so minutes it takes to write this post so that I can tell you how I really feel...

I really try not to complain. I know I have it really good in life - healthy family, 3 beautiful kids, a good husband, a nice house, a great job, etc, etc. But my stress level right now is through the roof. You may see the headlines tomorrow, "Crazy Mom Looses It and Starts Babbling Like Baby". Yes, I'm happy to have 3 kids, but good grief! The holidays are crazy enough without kids. I swear it's almost as if all the kids have a secret meeting first thing every morning before I wake up and plan out the day in order to create the most chaos and irritation. I'm up to my shoulders in crap (literally, Faith smeared some on the wall today at about the level of my shoulders). I've changed more diapers today than I'd like to count. I slept last night from 11pm-1:15am, then from 2am-3am, then from 4:30a-6a, then I think I got another 15 minute snooze in right before 7am when Cole burst into my room screaming. I tried so hard to take a nap today, but as always right when I get Faith & Cole down, James wakes up and DEMANDS to be held, played with, etc. Which is great, except when I'm so tired I fall asleep sitting up. Then Cole insists on everything to be his way today (which is no different than any other day). He insists, but it doesn't mean he gets what he wants. Which means if I say "NO", I get to hear him scream for an indefinite period of time. John's dad calls and says John is going out to their place tomorrow to work on some project. Hello? What about the fireplace project that looks like *^*&* in our living room that I've been wanting him to finish all week. What about the fact that I still have to go Christmas shopping before Monday (Christmas with my mom & sis). And why do I have to do all the Christmas shopping, all the Christmas letter writing, cards, etc? Oh, and he wants to take Santa presents out to his parents' place tomorrow since that's where we're spending Christmas morning. So now I have to wrap presents tonight, too. I'm really really tired. Bah humbug!
posted by Joey at 8:10 PM

2 Comments:

Oh yeah, that totally sucks. That's when I think about that Greek saying, "Everything in moderation." Life with little kids is great, but there is NO moderation, just full-on, tilt-a-whirl chaos. They don't ever want to go to sleep because they might miss out on some fun. We want them to go to sleep, so we can do dishes, clean up, pay bills, fold laundry, wrap presents. Yeah, lots of fun.

A nap for an adult, though? Definitely fun!

8:51 PM  

Take a deep breath and count to ten....maybe a shot of whiskey would help....?

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home