Supermom Chronicles

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Furniture Tangent

I love decorating our home. I wish I just had about $20,000 to really do it right! For the things I really want right now, we would need about $6000. We have borrowed some couches from John's parents just to fill some necessary spaces. For those of you who have been to our house, you know our color scheme is gold/red/green. These couches happen to be BLUE. Yes, I'm definitely grateful for the furniture, but I am annoyed on a daily basis looking at the clash of colors.

So in my little tiny bit of spare time, I have drug the kids to a couple of furniture stores "just to look". Our want list includes a good media couch (with a family of 5 to seat, it could get pretty expensive), a loveseat/chair combo for our front living room, and a master bedroom set for us (we are currently using my parents' old set - nearly 30 years old with a bit of a medieval very dark wood look). Priority-wise, the media couch and front living couch are neck-and-neck.

So we're walking around Lack's on Tuesday when I come across a fantastic, perfect-sized table for our entryway. I've been looking for a small table to put there since we moved in 2 years ago, but never found the right size or look. When I came across this one, I knew it was perfect. So we bought it. It really does look great in that space. HOWEVER, being so close to our dining room, we have realized that the dining room furniture has to go. We haven't really liked it for some time (we bought it 5 years ago when our tastes were different). But now that the entry table offsets it so, we REALLY want a new dining set NOW. So our $300 purchase has turned into a furniture tangent. It's easy for me to start shopping for one thing, then get off on a suddenly high-priority tangent, especially when it comes to furniture. I think we'll Craig's list the dining set and see how it goes...
posted by Joey at 9:58 AM

1 Comments:

Decorating is so much fun. I can't wait for the day to own a house again.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home