Supermom Chronicles

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Those funny Baptists

On my way to/from work everyday, I pass a little country Baptist church in northwestern Hays county. They have a marquise usually sporting anything from scheduled bible studies to quick witted references to the teachings of the bible to thought-provoking statements on being a good person.

Tonight as I drove home what I read on their sign made me LOL. I knew that, although I rarely devote much time to my blog, I had to share the wit of those funny Baptists:

"Sacred cows make great gourmet hamburgers."

Amen to that. Oh, and I'm not "slamming a religion" as John puts it...I'm just really supportive of a well-made gourmet hamburger:)
posted by Joey at 10:28 PM

2 Comments:

The Salt Lick has a great t-shirt: I didn't get to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian!
Gourmet hamburgers are great! Finally...something I can agree with the Baptists on.

11:09 PM  

My personal favorite Church Maquee was the Methodists: "Don't let your worries kill you. Let the church help."

People in organized religions can be funny sometimes.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home