Supermom Chronicles

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Late night grocery shoppin'

I went to a meeting after work tonight. I made it home in record time, so I decided to hit the grocery store. I'd already been away from home for 14 hours, what's another 30-45 min?

It's interesting to see who visits the grocery store at 10pm on a weeknight. I was surprised at the number of families with their elementary school-age children in the store. No wonder school is difficult for some kids. My kids were in bed 2 hours ago, and there's some days I think they could benefit from even more sleep. Those poor kids up late shopping w/ their parents are completely the victims of bad parenting.

Then there was the family dressed to the nines...there was a mom in a very fancy dress and extremely high heels, the dad in a nice suit, and what looked to be a 3-yr old little girl w/ her fancy dress, tights and patton leather shoes.

The rest of the crowd was pretty random. It was actually nice shopping since the aisles were relatively empty and there were no lines at checkout. I might consider shopping late at night more often. Beats dragging 3 kids along and trying to convince them how exciting and fun the racecar shopping cart can be.
posted by Joey at 10:40 PM

4 Comments:

3 posts???? What's gotten into you? You're going to start making me look bad with my one-post-a-month!

When I worked nights, I did all my grocery shopping about 3:00 in the morning. You should see the people in the stores then!

10:05 AM  

I remember in vet school I always did my grocery shopping at 10pm. I was shocked the night before school started one fall to see SO MANY parents shopping for school supplies. There was crap for selection, plus their poor kids, already wilting and whining, were going to be sleep deprived the next day. You're right: bad parenting!

9:15 PM  

I have insomnia. BC (before Cole) I would shop a lot in the middle of the night, I loved it too! I hate when I see kids out that late on a week night.

9:07 PM  

Hey Joey, I have enjoyed reading your blog which I got from a link on Dana's which I got a link for from Anne's. Your kids are so cute, growing fast, I hadn't seen James before. I also have a blog, justjanet.wordpress.com. It's fun keeping up this way. (janet bederman)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home