Supermom Chronicles

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Deep Thoughts by Faith

Faith: Mom, I want to get my ears pierced.

Me: Do you know what is really involved in getting your ears pierced?

Faith: No.

Me: Come sit with me and I'll tell you. They will sit you in a chair and rub something on your ears to make it so you don't feel anything. Then they will load a little gun with an earring and sit it up to your ear like this....then POOF the earring will shoot into your ear. Then they do the other ear. It might hurt. Then you have to take care of your ears everyday, turning the earrings, cleaning your ears...you can't take your earrings out for a couple of weeks. You have to sleep with them, bathe with them, wear them constantly for the first couple of weeks. Then, when the holes are healed, you can change them out whenever you want.

Me: So....do you think you are ready for earrings?

Faith: Maybe not. Maybe I'll wait until I'm 18.

(pause)

Faith: Will you still be alive then?


Thanks.
posted by Joey at 11:38 PM

5 Comments:

Ha ha! That is great. Anna only asked once, and after I told her a similar tale, she decided to wait, too. When she is ready for the responsibility and the pain, we'll probably let her. Hopefully I won't be dead then!

10:59 AM  

Wow- what a concept of age and death, pretty funny too. It must be hard to grasp different ages when you are so young. Good decision to wait on piercing the ears- I had to wait until I turned 10 years old- it was a very big and exciting day. I remember it hurt a lot more than I thought it would.

3:47 PM  

Whenever Cole talks about things hapenning when he's older, he says "Will you already be bones?" :-)

8:45 PM  

Don't comments like that make you feel so young? I didn't think so... :)
That is one for the books!

9:55 PM  

Did you laugh out loud like I did?

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home