Supermom Chronicles

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life is so EASY without kids (and my boobs feel fantastic!)

So it is Spring Break. I took the kids out to John's parents' place yesterday. And left them. They will return in 3 days. That's 3 days to get up 45 minutes later in the morning to go to work....3 days to come home to a quiet house with only a husband and an adoring beagle...3 days to watch tv, read books, have quality time with John:).

On a side note that I absolutely MUST blog about: I did something last night that I've been wanting to do for over a year. I've been waiting for that moment that I could go out into the world without kids and do something just for me. I had a professional bra-fitting. I HIGHLY recommend all ladies who have just "guessed" what bra size/style they should wear, spend the time to get fitted. I sucked it up and went to Nordstroms at Barton Creek Mall because I knew they would have a professional sales woman (not some 17-yr old working her hourly wage to go out on Friday night). Sure enough, the woman that helped me was FANTASTIC. She ushered me directly into a fitting room, measured me, and brought me eventually 8-10 bras that she knew would fit my body type. Even for Nordstroms, their prices were do-able ($30-50/bra, comparable to Victoria Secret w/ MUCH better service). I purchased 3 bras (I need to completely re-do my bra wardrobe after having kids), and I feel BEAUTIFUL. I fill out my cups without having $500o-worth of enhancement surgery!! If you are a woman, and you are reading this blog, GO GET A PROFESSIONAL BRA-FITTING. You just don't know how good you can look until you do this. There...that's my public service announcement for the day.
posted by Joey at 8:41 PM

3 Comments:

Congratulations on your kid free week. I have talked to other mother's who did the same thing with bras after they finished nursing. They "got their boobs back." Glad you had such a great experience.

1:58 PM  

You are too funny! I need to go get a bra fitting, although I don't think a new bra will make me feel beautiful!

7:28 PM  

Cherri did that just before her wedding. She was amazed and turned true believer. Hmm....must try this. I've also heard that there is someplace that does the same thing with jeans. Probably costs a fortune, but I'd be willing to try it just for a pair of just-right jeans!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home