Supermom Chronicles

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Yoda

We decided to go with a Star Wars Halloween theme this year. All the kids seem to be into Star Wars and were thrilled to dress up as these characters. If costumes weren't so darn expensive, I would have loved for John & I to be Darth & Queen Amadala, Faith to still be Princess Leia, Cole could have been Luke, and there's no denying who's the best Yoda in town.

Here we are at the beginning of the night participating in our friend's annual Halloween party and hay ride. I can't believe James actually let me apply green makeup all over his face without wiping it off. The only "defect" is his snot trail!


We purchased a really great Darth Vader costume for Cole, complete w/ gloves, mask and I even bought a light saber. This is the only 10 seconds of the whole night that he wore the mask or held the light saber. Oh well, they do play w/ the sabers a lot at home, so it's worth it.
Princess Leia and her father. It took 4 pictures before I finally convinced Darth to move the light saber away from his face so I could take a decent picture. Little stinker.
James was a real trooper. He refused to be carried all night AND he insisted on carrying all his loot himself. I was impressed how well he kept up. Whenever we passed someone on the sidewalk he would tap his chest and say, "I Yoda!" He was a big hit with all the neighborhood. What cracked me up was when he went to the doorsteps to collect candy. After receiving his treat, he would wave and say, "Tank you. Bye bye. I love you."



It was hard to get a picture of all 3 together. This was the best I could do.

Oohh, candy. Then he would say, "More? More?"












THE SPOILS!! Cole & Faith wanted to change pretty immediately. James did not want to take his costume off until it was time for bed.




Yes, that is THREE lollipops he is working on at once. That is definitely his favorite candy.



If you can guess my next-door-neighbor's costume, I'll give you bonus points. My slow Aggie brain didn't get it at first.

The day after... caught him giggling in front of the mirror w/ Leia's hair on.
posted by Joey at 2:02 PM

5 Comments:

Wow..2 posts! Cute pics. I can't believe how big James is now. My Cole was a storm trooper, we would have fit in with you!

10:18 PM  

Oh I get it! Cereal Killer! Ha ha.

8:41 PM  

I love the pictures- they are so cute.

9:03 PM  

WOW!!! I decided to look and you have posted not only once but TWICE!!!! I got the Cereal Killer as well. Great pics. Thanks for sharing

10:12 PM  

your blog is very good......

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home